Charcole Federation is Nicole Merritt, Nish Chari, and Paul Feder, three NYC-based musicians who combine electronic production, powerful pop vocals, and improvised Indian classical instrumentation.
Nish and Paul started meeting for midnight jam sessions in 2012, and quickly discovered that Nish’s sitar playing joined perfectly with Paul’s meticulous electronic productions. After forming the skeletons of several songs, the two asked Nicole to lend her voice to the mix, and Charcole Federation was born.
The group focused their efforts on live performance, quickly securing several high-profile shows, including performances before thousands of festival goers at the annual Holi Festival of Colors for the past three years.
In 2015, the group released their self-titled debut EP, recorded with local New York producers Jim Bilodeau and Jesse Jensen to record their self-titled debut EP. Not content to sit still, in July 2016, Charcole Federation released their first music video, for "The Morning," a track from their forthcoming second, as-yet-until EP.
- Halyards | July 9 - Brooklyn
- Holi Festival of Colors | April 2016 - Brooklyn
- Holi Festival of Colors | May 2015 - Brooklyn
- The Shop | April 24, 2015 – Brooklyn
- Leftfield on Ludlow | February 6, 2015 – NYC
- Millerton Library | August 9, 2014 - Millerton
- Pianos | July 11, 2014 - NYC
- Holi Festival of Colors | May 2014 - Brooklyn
- Rubin Museum | April 4, 2014 - NYC
- Ella Lounge | March 6, 2014 - NYC
- The Delancey | October 2013 - NYC
- Signature Theatre | July 2013 – NYC